måndag 1 april 2013

Candy Time

I hope you're having a fantastic Easter holiday. I've spent mine with friends and family. That's the most important thing for me, and that is what Easter is for me...


... and of course CANDY! :)

And that is what this Art Journal is all about. :)


I started this by drawing a big Easter egg on a piece of watercolor paper. First I was thinking "How can I get the shape of an egg?".... but then it hit me - I can use an actual Easter egg and draw around it. :) The smaller eggs I drew by freehand. I just love to draw, it is sort of meditative.

While I was coloring the big egg, with my Faber Castell Artist Pit Pens, I decided to keep the smaller ones in black and white. That makes the page appear calmer.


As a background I used a "Mop up page" with Dylusions ink sprays, and a few masks from TCW. It is kind of hard to explain how I made this page... but it is basically first water and mists, then water through mask and last I stamped with some masks that still had paint/mist on them. Understandable? :)

When I was almost finished, I stamped with a texture stamp from KasierCraft and an StazOn ink pad in Teal to make the page more grungy. 


On top of all the Dylusions mists, I added some Liquitex Gel Medium Glass Beads through a mask from Prima Marketing - I just love that effect. Since the Gel Medium dries transparent, the mists will show through while the Gel Medium creates a lovely texture. It makes you want to reach out and touch it. :) 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar