onsdag 9 april 2014

Beautiful captured wildness

The Art Journal challenge #48 at the Sodalicious blog is all about creating around the word: WILDNESS.


This is my contribution to that challenge. :) I used a photo of dewy spider web on a fence - Beautiful Captured Wildness.

 
I played with Liquitex Paint Markers in an Art Journal album from Sodalicious - it came out soo coool! :)

I have seen Donna Downey use this technique with this kind of markers. I didn't draw with them. I stomp them against the paper letting the paint out, and when there is enough paint I do a big stomp to make that happy splatter effect. :)


I do each color separately, letting them dry before I use the next color.

Isn't this soooo cooool?! Love it! :)


I have never used an actual photo on any of my Art Journals before... but for some reason I thought of this photo when I saw the theme of this challenge.

Usually I use a cut out from a magazine, or something like that, but this worked for me. Even though it kind of look like a small version of a double layout...


Dewy spider web can be so beautiful, when you can see all the little strings that the spider weaved. I took this photo an early morning going to work.

To give balance to the page I wanted to have big bold black letters, so I used mistable letters from Heidi Swapp and Dylusions mist Black marble. I hand wrote the other words in italics to give a big contrast to the bold letters.

I also added some ribbon that was laying on my scrap table, and some twine that I let run wildly across the page. 


To finish the page off, I did some doodling - three circles in clusters.


*Happy happy happy* :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar