lördag 24 maj 2014

Hard Easter

It has been a lovely warm summer day in Sweden today. And I really enjoyed it! :)


This is a layout with a photo from Easter celebration.  I had seen this type of egg painting on the internet, and I wanted to give it a try myself. I really like how it turned out. :) The eggs got different personality. :)



This layout is created inspired by Sodalicious sketch #5. I turned the sketch 90 degrees to the right because I think that it suited my photo better.


I started the background, on a Sodalicious pattern paper, by smearing gesso on a part of it. Before the gesso was completely dry I added texture in it with a lid. When it was dry - I dripped alcohol inks over the part with the gesso, and I also did some splashes with a gold mist from Heidi Swapp and a black one from Dylusions.


For some reason the title got really long... but I solved that by having one part of the title in Thickers and the other handwritten.


A close up of the background, where you can see the texture that I created in the wet gesso with a hair spray lid. I like that it is subtle , but yet it's there. :)

And I do love the splashes! :)


Added some paper circles, as seen in the sketch, to enhance the focal point to be on the photo. Did some scribbling around them as well. :)


This is the first version of this layout with the same photo, based on another Sodalicious sketch. But I wasn't pleased with it, so I tore away the photo and papers and started over on the same background paper.

Now I'm pleased. :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar