lördag 15 februari 2014

XO

This is my take on the second challenge of the Supreme Scrap Tournament that is going on right now. :)


The rules: Make a monochromatic colour layout
1. Pages
: 2 pages Layout (double page!)
2. Theme:
You can choose your own theme
3. Colour LO:
The monochromatic color scheme you use is up to you
4. How many Photos
: Minimum of 1 photo
5. Photos:
-One photo must be partly on the left and partly on the right page.
-One photo needs to be black and white.
6. Not to be used:
-You are restricted from using black anywhere on the layout including, ink, paint, pen lines, journaling or any other elements. 
- There is not to be black on the page with the exception of your black and white photo(s).
- You can not use brown to antique elements unless brown is the colour you choose for your monochromatic colour scheme.

7. Materials you may use
:   embellishments, ink, media stuff, everything that you want in the monochromatic colour.
 
FAQ:
(...)
3. Do I need to use 30x30cm pages?
No you don't. Size is free as long you make two pages.


I decided to do a double layout in the size of 2 times 6x12 inch. I have done some layouts in the size of 6x12 inch before. It was really popular a couple of years ago, and I also have page protectors in that size so this was a great opportunity to use them. :)

First I choose a black and white photo (of my mother and her sister in 1946), then I thought of which color to use... hmmm... PINK! :) So I gathered a lot of pink mediums that I have.

Then I started playing....


I started by adding UTEE with a stamp from D.Downey... but the image isn't that visible. It turned out pretty cool any way, creating yummy texture on the backgrounds.


I did splashes with Alcohol Ink in the color Raspberry. Love how different the color turned out depending on where it landed, on the cardstock or on the UTEE. :) Stamped with Distress Ink pads Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry together with stamps from Prima/Finnabair and Kaisercraft. Making the pages more grungy. :) 


This is a close up of the next splashes I did, with Distress Stains in Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry. Love how it turned out. :)

If you look at some of my other layouts, I love to do some scribble with a black pen. But since I couldn't use black on this, I did my scribble with a pink neon pen instead. 


Over the UTEE I mixed modeling paste with two small drops of pink Acrylic ink and smeared that over my favorite polka dot mask from TCW. 


Wanted to show you the color of the modeling paste on a different surface.  It is pink! It's just hard to show on photo... on a pink cardstock. :) 


Love this close up with all the different shades of pink - in splashes, embroidery, mediums, stamps and pattern paper. :D

1 kommentar: