torsdag 29 augusti 2013

Mys med morfar - The European Scrap Battle #1

So finally it happens - I've created the second layout in 2013.


And I just love the creative process of making a layout. :) I've missed it, and now I'm really inspired to create some more.

This is a layout with my dad and his grandchildren (my sisters children), at his farm up in the middle of Sweden (kind of).


First I started by adding gesso on top of a white cardstock. I wanted to work with Dylusions mist, and I know that they have different characteristics whether you work with them on a gessoed surface or not. I used a plastic card to add the gesso to the cardstock, but I didn't want an even surface so I wasn't that neat when applying it. The texture that shows is just lovely. :)

I misted with Dylusions mist - Black Marble over one of my favorite masks from The Crafters Workshop. Dylusions mists are very reactive with water , and I wanted a more grungy look so I misted with water and let the mist flow around some. 

Can you tell where the gessoed surface is? See the different characteristics of the mist? :)


To lighten up the background slightly, I misted Dyluisons White Linen over a dotted mask from D.Downey. 


When the background was all dry, I wanted to create some splattering effect. I used one stamp from T.Holtz with a red StazOn stamp pad, and then another stamp from Gummiapan with a silvery embossing powder.

And then on to decoration the layout... 


... I love to create little clusters of decorations. This time I worked with mini roses, a bottle cap, mini tickets, stamps, washi tape and a pin. :)

The black roses was white at first, but I misted them black.

I also damaged the photo slightly, making it a little bit older looking with needle scratching and a hole punch.


Another close up you where you can see the splattering stamps and the embossing. I also added some modeling paste over a new favorite mask form TCW - Tiny Circles.

Isn't the butterfly charm cute? :)


And so a final close up photo. This is the part of the layout that I love the most - Grungy, flowing mist, splattering, modeling paste, bold colors in red and black, a tassel, a cute mini rose with a curled up stem and a little hidden buttefly. Happy Creativity! :)

 

This layout is created for The European Scrap Battle - Challenge #1. The Challenge was to be inspired by the website of the Stockholm Scrap and Pearl Event. First I thought the challenge was pretty hard, since it wasn't colors that I usually worked with - red, black and white. But the website also had a messy grungy background that inspired me a lot. :) 

I really hope that I'll make it into battle #2. *keeping my fingers crossed* The result of the voting will be up tomorrow. Gahh!

5 kommentarer:

  1. Hej!
    Din LO blev helt underbart vacker.Gillar den!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Det är en superhärlig LO. Gillar den mycket! Såklart går du vidare:-)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Gillar också din lek med gesso och spray! Fin LO!

    SvaraRadera