tisdag 4 mars 2014

Card to a colleague

It is not that often that I make cards, but when a friend, and a colleague at work, moved on to a new job... I made her one.

I think it is more fun to give a card to someone that I know will appreciate it. And she liked it a lot. :)



 This is the card that she got - Pink and Mixed Media = Happy! :)
Bild lånad av SweScrap.

The card is inspired by a sketch from HannaHoj on the SweScrap blog.


I created the background by first misting with Funky Fushia Dylusions mist over a Prima/D.Downey mask.


Then I added Liquitex Ceramic Stuco over a TCW mask with leafs. I wanted to work with the characteristics of the Dylusions mist. Even if it is dry, it will react with the medium that I put on top of it.

... and it turned out pretty cool, right? :) The Ceramic Stuco made the mist more pink, but it is not that visible since the Ceramic Stuco dries almost clear. I like that.    


Inspired by the sketch I wanted to have a frame and some flags. I cut out a frame from yellow cardstock... I think it is a little bit funny to interpret the sketch with a frame instead of with different layers of paper, that I would normally do. :)

The flags are made out of washi tape... hanging from the frame. 


Since I know that my colleague love owls... I added some owls on the card. Cute! :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar